USDA Home Loans
If you’re looking to buy a home in a rural or suburban area with no down payment and minimal investment, you might consider the USDA Rural Development Loan. It can be a good option if you are buying a primary home and do not want to live in a large, urban area.
USDA loans are backed by the U.S. Department of Agriculture and were created to help people living in low- to moderate-income households put down roots in certain rural locations and develop new areas of the country. For that reason, one of the main requirements of a USDA loan is that the property must fall within certain geographical areas, outside the city limits of major metropolitan centers. Many areas that fall under the Rural Development umbrella are actually much more suburban than you’d expect though.
Why would I want a USDA Loan?
- No down payment option (100% financing)
- Flexible credit and qualifying guidelines
- Seller can pay up to 6% of purchase price in closing cost help
- Low fixed interest rate
- No pre-payment penalty
- Good for purchase or refinance
Why would I NOT want a USDA Loan?
- Geographic restrictions
- Mortgage insurance included (may be financed into loan)
- Income limits
- Single family, owner occupied only – no duplex homes
Have questions? Give us a call! Amanda and team would be happy to answer all of your questions and get you started with a great low rate today!
Working with Amanda & Team
- We put YOU first.
- Fast and efficient, we close most of our loans in 30 days or less.
- We offer a variety of loans. Amanda and team can help you find the loan that is right for you!!!
**Amanda E. Garcia, First Home Mortgage is not affiliated with or acting on behalf of or at the direction of FHA, VA, USDA or the Federal Government.